- Next-Gen WiFi Standard – 802.11ax WiFi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultrafast WiFi Speed – 6000Mbps WiFi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
- Wider Usage and More Convenience – 4 antennas + 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time.
- Commercial-grade Security – AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro™, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better Partner with Mesh System – Compatible with ASUS AiMesh WiFi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
Why move to 802.11ax Wi-Fi?
- The road to victory in gaming
- Security of the Network
- For tranquilly of mind
- Hardware with high efficiency
The New Age of WiFi at Home
The rising number of personal and IoT devices connected has contributed to an overall increase in network density that stretches the limits of the existing Wi-Fi norm. Future-proof technology, higher network performance, faster Wi-Fi speeds, wider coverage and increased battery life for connected devices are provided by the new 802.11ax standard, providing consumers with a dramatically better networking experience.
WiFi with warp-speed
The RT-AX88U is a dual-band 4-4 Wi-Fi router that offers significantly faster wireless communications with 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM. RT-AX88U is 2.3X faster than 802.11ac 4 ⁇ 4 dual-band routers with a combined network speed of around 6000Mbps, 1148Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 4804Mbps on the 5GHz band 3.
Performance of Networks
For multi-device households built
The 802.11ax technology offers up to 4X greater network capacity and reliability in traffic-dense environments with a groundbreaking combination of OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology. On each network channel, previous-generation 802.11ac Wi-Fi can only support one system at a time, which is an inefficient use of available bandwidth. In the 802.11ax Wi-Fi standard, OFDMA support divides each channel into small sub-channels, enabling bundling and simultaneously transmitting signals from several devices *, minimising latency for a smoother, more sensitive Wi-Fi experience.
- Wasted Bandwidth-Higher Latency
- Fully used bandwidth-Lower latency
Give a Double Boost to your Online Gaming
For smoother online play, RT-AX88U ‘s Adaptive QoS prioritises game packets. It also has wtfast ® built-in to find and protect the shortest possible route between your gaming computer and the server of the game, minimising game ping and lag2.
Protection for your home network Commercial-grade
In order to protect your devices and personal data from internet threats, RT-AX88U has lifetime free AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend MicroTM with automatic, periodically modified security signatures. Advanced parental controls, including the ability to block particular websites and types of mobile apps, provide this strong protection.
Either Wired or Wireless. Yours is the Alternative.
More LAN Ports for LAN Ports
When you have numerous wired computers, such as NAS systems, PCs and switches, eight Gigabit LAN ports make the RT-AX88U the perfect solution. And RT-AX88U makes it possible if you ever want to host a LAN party at home.
Wireless that’s as Stable as Wired Ethernet
When you are far away from your router, enjoying the stability of a wired network connection is usually impractical or impossible. With special designed antennas, AiRadar beamforming and RangeBoost technology, RT-AX88U provides wide coverage and a stable signal, letting you enjoy a reliable and smooth connection for gaming or work anywhere in your home.
Strong Wi-Fi Whole-Home System.
The Way That You Like.
Your RT-AX88U will bring fast, secure Wi-Fi to any part of your home in most cases. But several variables will affect Wi-Fi coverage: space layout, building materials, and even furnishings. ASUS AiMesh is an revolutionary new router feature that addresses these issues: it uses several ASUS routers to create a whole-home Wi-Fi network. AiMesh is strong, versatile and a mix of ASUS router models can be used to safeguard your investment! AiMesh provides you with central time-saving control and seamless roaming capabilities. You can rely on AiMesh’s Wi-Fi for all your gadgets, all the time!
- Use a quick firmware update to transform your ASUS routers into an entire home Wi-Fi device.
- Mix and match preferred versions from the ASUS routers selected
- Establish a Wi-Fi network with either a single SSID or several SSIDs
- Both router functions run across the entire Wi-Fi network.
1.8GHz Quad-core CPU with Extreme Power
A top-of-the-line 1.8GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU is available for the RT-AX88U, which is more powerful than many desktop processors. RT-AX88U maximises throughput for the best networking efficiency, speeds up USB data transfers and more with its amazing performance.
RT-AX88U supports WAN port aggregation in addition to LAN port aggregation, which incorporates gigabit WAN and LAN ports to provide over 1 Gbps * internet speeds. This removes the WAN port 1 G bottleneck, a perfect option if the internet service provider has over 1Gbps internet.
* Cable modem, router, or switch must endorse the 802.3ad standard to access WAN port aggregation. The DOCSIS 3.1 norm is required to achieve the best performance for a cable modem.
- Data refers to the OFDMA Uplink
- The free router version supports one selectable system with GPN traffic restrictions on your network at a time and provides technical support from wtfast ®. For simultaneous acceleration of several devices with more GPN traffic and advanced functions, users can pay to upgrade to an advanced version. Check out the list of supported games here.
- AC data corresponds to: on the 2.4 GHz band, 40 MHz / 256QAM and on the 5 GHz band, 80 MHz / 256QAM. The axe data corresponds to: on the 2.4GHz band 40MHz / 1024QAM and on the 5GHz band 160MHz / 1024QAM
* The Wi-Fi client needs to be 802.11ax capable to benefit from 802.11ax functionality.
* * Real data throughput and WiFi coverage will differ from network conditions and environmental variables, resulting in lower actual data capacity and wireless coverage, including the amount of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead.
* * * Quoted network rates and bandwidth based on existing standards for IEEE 802.11ax. Network and service provider variables, type of interface, and other conditions can affect actual efficiency. For optimum performance, connected devices must be 802.11ax-compatible.